This blog came about because one day I found myself discussing a movie I had just watched with my cat. True story. I decided a blog was a better option than continuing to talk to my cat Cindy who can only meow in return.
This blog also helps to not only justify my ever-expanding collection but keep me watching the new films that I insist on buy. I would say roughly a third of my physical collection is unwatched material. Discount retailers and Black Friday sales have been especially helpful with me affordably adding titles.
To be clear, I am no film school student nor am I well-versed in the nuances of storytelling. I only know what I like and what I do not like. I am just someone looking to be entertained. This blog aims to talk about movies from that perspective. You will see what entertained me and what did not. I will touch on what I felt was done right and may touch on what could be done better or should have not been done at all.
I have seen a lot of movies in my time and am here to share what I think about them. I will try to keep it pithy as well as keep any spoilers to a minimum BUT BE PREPARED FOR SPOILERS!!! Sometimes they just can’t be avoided.
On this blog there will be old and new films alike. My tastes span the decades. Some of my favorite movies were made before I was born.
Use #MovieReviews on social media to find my posts. Days of the week will be dedicated to certain types of movies.
- Sundays will be for Classic Films. It could be a classic musical or classic action film or classic whatever. It just needs to be considered a highpoint in that genre or film in general. #SundayClassics
- Mondays are for any more recent movies. Anything really. One off films with not more than one sequel (usually). #MovieMonday
- Tuesdays will be for the discussion of something on television or a film connected to television. I love movies but I also love good television. I will also drop opinion pieces here along with reviews of fanfilms. #TelevisionTuesday / #FanFilms / #Opinion
- Wednesdays will be for Westerns. It is a genre I love. Old school, modern, or science fiction Westerns. No limits on the genre. #WesternWednesday
- Thursdays are for older films that I love that do not quite fit in on the other days of the week. It is a mixed bag here. #ThrowbackThursday
- Fridays will be for film series. The only rule is that it needs more than one sequel. But I am flexible there. #FilmSeriesFriday
- Saturdays belong to animation-as they should. CGI or stop motion or even classic hand drawn. #SaturdayCartoons
My recommendations will break down mostly in the end to Skip It, If You Want, Watch It, and Must See. That is from least to best. I go in wanting to like everything I see since I am taking my time and money to watch it. Sometimes that is not possible. Sometimes my feelings on something are a mix of those responses. Take that for what you will.
New stuff will be posted here regularly. If you have any questions, comments or even suggestions on something I should watch, you can reach me at the following email address: email@example.com
I hope you enjoy and thank you for visiting.